For this top I took a pattern from one of Katherine's existing tops, and gave it slightly flared sleeves. I followed the Modified 2+2 tutorial over at Siestas and Sewing to create the yoke. The fabric is just some cotton gingham I picked up from Spotlight. I wanted something nice and light for Summer that would still cover her arms as she is so fair. We are moving to Far North Queensland before the end of the year and it gets so hot up there!
After making the top I decided it needed "something" so I added some yellow buttons around the front yoke. I think it was just enough embellishment for this simple top.
Because the top is quite loose, I added a tie so that it could be pulled in a bit at the sides.
I think this top will be perfect for the hot summer sun! If I get some time this weekend I have a pink version cut out and ready to sew up as well.