Oct 1, 2012

Down on the farm

We're just finishing up a long weekend here at the moment. I didn't get much sewing done though, as we went to visit my parents place. They live on acreage on the Sunshine Coast hinterland, which is a couple hours drive away from us here, so we usually make a weekend of it when we go to see them, and stay overnight.

The girls loved catching up with their cousins and getting covered in dirt, helping to plant Nanny and Poppy's new veggie garden.  My sisters had done all the hard work prior to us arriving so we just got to do the fun stuff.  I swear I didn't plan it that way.



 The new baby chicks were pretty popular too! Not to mention cute!


I did manage to get a little bit of sewing done the night before we left. And just to be different, I made something for myself! The pattern is New Look 6936. I've made this for myself one other time - view B, with the gathered sleeves - but this time I didn't add the gathers. I quite like it, and I will definitely get some wear out of it in summer. I was a little disappointed that I didn't buy more of this fabric as I initially thought I'd make it maxi-dress length. I love a good maxi-dress in summer! But I didn't have enough, so just made a short dress instead.


This was the only decent photo of the dress, but unfortunately I had my eyes closed so I have edited my head out of the shot!  Trust me, it's better this way!  Can you tell I have been covered up all winter?  Might have to break out the fake tan.... or spend some more time in the garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment