Jul 6, 2012

Reversible Placemats

My mum renovated her kitchen a while back, and for Mother's Day this year I decided to make her some pretty placemats and tea-towels to match her new colour scheme.  I didn't get any photos of them before I gave them to her, but on a recent trip to Mum and Dad's place, I snapped a couple of quick photos to show that yes, I do occasionally make things other than clothes for my girls!


I made the placemats by using this tutorial here as a rough guide.  They have an awesome tutorial for making your own bias tape too.  I make my own all the time using their method.  
 

The placemats are also fully reversible, so if you get tired of looking at the same colours you can flip them over and it's like having a whole new set of placemats.  Cool huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment