Oct 27, 2011

I could make that

I've been pretty busy lately, madly sewing for Summer as the weather warms up.  I've finished off a few dresses now, but so far only been able to get photos of this one.  It's another dress inspired by a Pumpkin Patch one I saw.  More and more I find myself thinking "I could make that" when I'm out shopping for the girls.
The dress I saw in the store

For this one, I had to teach myself how to make and insert piping.  Also, how to sew in an invisible zip - properly! I think I did alright on both counts. Not perfect, but I was happy with my efforts for a first attempt.



The pattern I used was Simplicity 2270 - the sleeveless version, and I left out the pockets.  I found some cute printed poplin at Lincraft that I was originally going to make a little white Summer shirt with, but decided to use it for this dress instead.



It's lined as the fabric was pretty thin and a bit see-through foe a dress, I thought. I just hope that doesn't make it too hot to wear in Summer. I Made a little rosette for the neckline from a scrap I had left over from a re-purposing project. Got to blog that one yet!





Lots of blue and white in this season's wardrobe. She's slowly coming around, but pink is still the all time favourite.

Thank goodness for television... it's the only thing that can get her to stand still!

No comments:

Post a Comment