Jul 14, 2011

A birthday gift

I wouldn't say I've done a lot of sewing lately, but I've done a couple of little things here and there.  I haven't blogged any of it because none of it has been particularly interesting.  Today I finished a little set for my niece's 2nd birthday which is coming up in a couple of weeks time.  I'm pretty sure my sister-in-law doesn't read my blog so I'll put some pics up!



I just roughly appliqued the front of the singlet as I wasn't sure I could pull off the more "polished" look.  It's not my first ever attempt at applique, but it's my first attempt on something that's actually going to be worn!  I like the effect of the zig-zag anyway, I think it adds to the whole "handmade" feel of it.

This fabric was totally an impulse buy from Spotlight - some discounted fat quarter packs - and I have more of it so I've decided to make up some sets for my girls too.  I'm really happy with how it turned out and I hope that my niece loves it just as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment