We've moved house!
I've changed jobs!
Katherine has started school!
Plus I have done a fair bit of sewing.
I never intended to neglect my blog for so long. At first we were busy with the move, and setting up the sewing room was fairly low on my list of priorities. And then I was busy sewing Christmas gifts, and I didn't really have time to blog. I still followed other people's blogs and saw people doing things that I just didn't have the time to do - seriously, the effort some people go to is amazing. Sewing and blogging isn't my life, it's just something I do when I get time, and I kind of felt like maybe I couldn't keep up. But I've decided that I don't need my blog to be what other people's blogs are. It's just somewhere where I want to share my ideas and my projects. I love searching the web for ideas and it's kind of nice to think that maybe someone will stumble across a project of mine one day and that will help inspire them to create their next project.
On that note, here are a few things I've been creating these past six months or so.
For the girls:
Dresses for the girls to wear to their Aunt's wedding. These were based on the Ottobre Rosy Posy dress that I love, but I left off the sleeves and added a peter pan collar. Oh, and a tie at the back.
I picked up a cute fat quarter pack at Spotlight one day and made the girls some little skirts, with little twill ribbon belts.
For the home:
The girls helped me make this bunting to help dress up their new room. It was my first attempt at making bunting and I really love how it has turned out. It was also a great way to use up some scraps I had lying around.
These cushions for the girls room, to sort-of-match the bunting. My mum helped me to make these when she visited us for Easter :) Thanks mum!
These button initials that the girls also helped me with. I got the idea from something I saw on Pinterest. We used craft glue and cardstock and popped them in some frames I had lying around.
Following up on the cushions I made for the girls room, I made these ones to add some colour to our lounge room.
I don't sew for myself much, but I recently bought a dress form and have been having a go at making more things for myself. This skirt was made out of a remnant of funky-patterned jersey I picked up at Spotlight for $2! All I did was overlocked it to some wide elastic. It took me all of about 15 minutes to make and I love it!
This dress is New Look pattern 6070. I really like how this turned out, and I think I got a much better fit by using the dress form. Plus, I didn't have to constantly try it on throughout the process, or try and pin behind my back! Bonus!
The pattern didn't call for a lining but I added one anyway. This satin was left over from the little lace dress I made Katherine for the wedding, and I had just enough!
Now that I'm all caught up, I'm going to try and blog more regularly, but even if I don't, I will be back.... eventually!